China overpowers S. Korea for men's team title at Asian Table Tennis
YOGYAKARTA, Indonesia - China beat South Korea 3-0 to take the men's team title at the 2019 Asian Table Tennis Championships on Wednesday.
World No. 1 Xu Xin scored the opening 11-3, 11-7, 11-9 victory over South Korean Jang Woo-jin, paving the ways for his peers in the following rubbers.
Fan Zhendong outclassed Jeoung Young-sik 11-8, 11-9, 11-7 before Liang Jingkun sealed the victory with a 11-8, 11-7, 11-4 victory over Lee Sang-su.
"I think this championships is quite important to our team. It will enhance our morale and confidence, which is really helpful for us to play the individual matches later," Liang said on the sidelines of Among Raga Sports Hall.
The final witnessed the Chinese team's marvelous performance throughout the championships, winning every match 3-0 since the quarterfinals.
En route to the final, the Chinese men's team ousted Singapore in the quarterfinals on Sunday and defeated Japan in the semifinals earlier Wednesday.
- Ronaldo faces Atlético again; depleted PSG takes on Madrid
- Senior Chinese official meets IOC president
- China's Lin Dan suffers early exit at China Open
- Korir relishes Doha heat eyeing gold at debut World marathon C'ships
- China wins women's team crown in 2019 Asian Table Tennis Championships
- Naturalized Lin eyes Olympic glory